God's Call

"Fear not, for I am with you;

Be not dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you,

Yes, I will help you,

I will uphold you with my righteous

right hand."

Saturday, September 12, 2009

seasons

I am soooooo done with summer! I can't wait for the days of chilly mornings, falling leaves, scarves, hot coffee and a good book with my fireplace glowing. Ahhhhhh, can't you smell something yummy baking in the oven? In fact, the other day I was so ready for Fall to be here that I actually baked some pumpkin muffins. Then suffered for the rest of the day because I broke the cardinal rule of NO OVEN during the summer.
I was thinking about seasons and how it is so awesome that the Lord gave us seasons to mirror our lives. Isn't it so true that we pass from one period to another in our lives, just as the earth goes through a changing of seasons. Funny thing about seasons though, it seems we are never quite content in the one we are in. For a while maybe, then we start itching to be in the next one. We love the summer when it comes, but toward the end, we long for a day without heat and enormous air conditioning bills. And the winter brings joys of Christmastime and family gatherings, but eventually we long to sit in solitude and not constantly have another party to go to. This is also true with the seasons of our lives.
I don't know what season you are going through right now. It may be one of joy, and for that I rejoice. But it may also be one of sorrow and pain, perhaps waiting or longing. For you, I have this thought.
Jesus, experienced this too. And for Him, I can only imagine how difficult it was. He experienced a season of time on this planet that lasted about 30 years. Imagine, our Savior, who never before had been held captive by time, having to live minute by minute, hour by hour, year by year. I am so grateful that the Bible reminds us that He is our great High Priest who is able to sympathize with us because He experienced all that we have on this planet. Hebrews 4:13-15
If you are in a season that you are desperate to get out of, I would say ths to you. Call on the loving name of Jesus because He has been there! Only in Him can you find peace, and only in Him can you find joy in the middle of life's most difficult seasons.
Praying for you,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment