God's Call

"Fear not, for I am with you;

Be not dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you,

Yes, I will help you,

I will uphold you with my righteous

right hand."

Monday, May 3, 2010

duh!

I did it again! This morning I got my cup of coffee and sat down in my office to spend some time in the Word before my busy day began. Problem #1: My computer is in my office. Problem #2: The little voice inside my head that says, "Just check your emails really quick." Problem #3: I usually listen to the little voice. And more often than not, get caught up in answering the emails, checking the new online Target weekly add and so on and on......
So this morning, I was so mad at myself because the quick check turned into 30 minutes wasted time and I had to get my kids up and ready for school, without any time being spent with my Jesus!
So as I was preparing lunches for the day, God caused this amazing wealth of wisdom to come into my brain!

"Don't sit down to read your bible in front of the computer!" Duh!! :)

Proverbs 17:24 (New Living Translation)
Sensible people keep their eyes glued on wisdom,
but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth.
Or all over the internet, or to all the latest sales, or to primetime television. (The last part I added, obviously)
I don't know about you, but I don't want to be a fool! I don't want to allow my wandering eyes to keep me from being sensible. Not that shopping or tv or Facebook is bad. But if put in priority over the Lord, IT IS!
So I had to take this truth (common sense) that the Lord gave me and evaluate myself. Do you have any area in your life that you need to do the same? I dare you to do it.
And tomorrow morning, I will be settled with my Bible and coffee on the couch in my living room! :)
May God shower His love on you today.
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment