God's Call

"Fear not, for I am with you;

Be not dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you,

Yes, I will help you,

I will uphold you with my righteous

right hand."

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Preparing for God's Calling


God has a plan for us, we read in Jeremiah 29:11.
Many times we find ourselves wondering what that
calling is and when is it going to take place.
First and foremost, we need to walk daily in
obedience to God. If we do that, we can trust
that we are in the will of God. I know some
passions that the Lord has given me and sometimes
I catch myself asking, "God, when are you going
show me the plan for my life?" Then I remember,
that plan is a daily plan, not just some big
event that is waiting to take place down the
road. I am also reminded, that daily God is
preparing us (if we are willing to be prepared
by Him) for what He has next. I was encouraged
by these verses today:

Psalm 78:70-72
"He (God) also chose David His servant,
And took him from the sheepfolds;
From following the ewes that had
young He (God) brought him.,
To shepherd Jacob His people,
And Israel His inheritance.
So he shepherded them according to
the integrity in his heart,
And guided them by the skillfulness of
his hands."

God chose David and brought Him into the
calling for His life. God chooses us and
will bring us into His calling for our lives.
Even if God hadn't called David to be the
king of Israel, David was honoring God by
the integrity in his heart, even as a shepherd
to a flock of sheep. God knew He could trust
David with His flock (God's children). God
will prepare us and use us but we need to
trust Him and learn from Him. David also
guided the Israelites by the skillfulness
of his hands. Remember that our talents
come from God and He will allow us to use them.
Let's live lives of integrity and trust that in
God's timing, He will continue to unfold
His plan in our lives. Let's trust God
in the good times and the hard times. To
God be the glory!

1 comment: